This holiday season as you begin to transition from the year that is wrapping up to the shiny new one that is about to begin, you will likely be making time for celebration. Hopefully you are also making some time for reflection, regrouping, restoration and re-energizing.
In the spirit of the season and all of the above activities, I offer you a few gifts you may want to consider giving to yourself and others. Each will go a long way in helping you and your friends, colleagues and loved ones stay agile and energized in your life and work:
- Give the gift of a new experience or adventure. It might be as simple as a membership to the local art museum, botanical garden, experimental theater company
- Or as grand as a hot air balloon ride, cross-cultural travel, or an outdoor adventure
- Write a note of appreciation highlighting the ways your colleagues responded to the unexpected and unplanned or turned a challenge into an opportunity.
- Give the gift of an invitation to participate in a new volunteer experience that is aligned with your shared values
- Give the gift of self care: a spa treatment, 10-pack yoga class card, gym membership
- Give the gift of time and resources to:
- join or form a community of practice
- attend a conference or professional development opportunity
- develop a new idea, business relationship, product or service prototype
These are just a few ideas to get your creative wheels turning. However you choose to celebrate and co-create the season and the year ahead, remember like fitness, your ability to stay agile and engaged requires the gift of your continuous and generous attention.